If you love Italian bread, you must try this homemade focaccia bread recipe. It it easy to make, the bread can be used for dipping and it is super flavored.
How to make homemade focaccia bread
Recipe for homemade focaccia bread. This Italian bread recipe is really easy to make.
Servings 6 people
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp basil dried
- Put the flour, sugar, salt and yeast in a large bowl.
- Mix everything, than start adding the water and the olive oil and then mix again.
- Knead the bread dough until firm.
- Leave the bread dough to rest about 30 minutes, in order for it to have time to rise.
- Put some flour on the counter top, than knead the dough and roll it into a 1 inch thick sheet, and place it into a tray.
- Leave the dough to rest for another 15 minutes.
- Brush top of the dough with olive oil, and sprinkle the dry basil on top of the dough.
- Bake the bread for 20-25 minutes at 375F.