For this simple tuna and onion salad recipe you will have to use a can of tuna, and you can use both tuna in water as well as tuna in oil, but if you are keeping a diet I would recommend for you to go for the water based one as it has considerably fewer calories.
How we make the tuna and onion salad
1. Open a can of tuna (I used tuna chunks in water, but you can use tuna flakes also). Drain the tuna in a sieve to remove all the excess liquid.
2. Chop a small amount of onions (you will need about a tablespoon of finely chopped onions).
3. Squeeze the juice from 1/2 lemon.
4. Add the tuna and onions in a small bowl, add a little salt and ground black pepper and mix everything together.
5. Add lemon juice to the salad, mix and you are ready.
You can eat this salad as it is, maybe with some green salad if you are keeping a diet, or you can use it to make a tuna sandwich if the bread won’t hurt your figure 🙂