The mashed sweet potatoes recipe is traditionally used for the Thanksgiving dinner, but you can have it whenever you crave it 🙂
Mashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
I baked the sweet potatoes, but you can also boil them if you don’t have enough time to bake them, or if the oven is occupied by your Thanksgiving Turkey.
1. Wash the sweet potatoes, place them in a tray, cover with foil and bake them at 350F for about 1 hour.
2. Leave the potatoes to rest and cool down for 30 minutes.
3. Peel the skin and put the potatoes in a strainer to drain a bit of their liquid.
4. Put the potatoes in a large bowl and mash them with whatever tool you have (hand masher, mixer, even a wooden spoon will work)
5. Add salt, ground black pepper and olive oil, and mix everything together. You can use butter instead of olive oil.
This is a very easy to make recipe, is delicious and you can also use it to feed your baby, once the sweet potato has been introduced in his diet.